Newport Public Library is eager to work with teachers. Please contact us to:
- Schedule a visit to the library for your students
- Schedule a librarian to visit your classroom
- Tell us about topics your students will be researching
- Learn about our online databases
- Ask for a bibliography on a topic
- Ask us to set up a resource shelf for your students
Please use Assignment Alert for Teachers to request the above services.
You can also call the young adult department at 401-847-8720 x206 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
STEM Fiction for Teens – Book list to support your teaching initiatives.
EDUCATION RESOURCES INFORMATION CENTER (ERIC) – An online library of education research and information maintained by the U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences. Provides article, reports, and data for people interested in learning more about the theory and practice of education.
EXPLORA – EDUCATOR’S EDITION – EBSCO’s interface for teachers, offering access to lesson plans, curriculum standards, and professional development resources. Allows you to access multiple EBSCO databases at once, using a Google-like search box. Patrons can search across ERIC, Teacher Reference Center, Points of View Reference Center, and EBSCO’s ebook collection.
Exploring Europe with Rick Steve’s Classroom