Welcome to the 2015 Summer Reading Challenge for adults: the best incentive you’ll find for sitting down with a few great books this summer. Here’s how it works:
- Sign up online between June 1st and June 29th, or pick up a registration form at the Reference Desk.
- This year we are asking readers to read five books and submit completed Book Review forms between June 29 and August 12 (the same dates as the children’s program, so you can do it as a family.) Ebooks and audio books are fair game.
- Once the reading challenge starts on June 29th, you can start submitting your Book Review forms. You can use the online Book Review form or pick up a form at the Reference Desk.
- Those who complete the challenge by August 12th will be entered into the grand prize drawing. This year the top prize is a $75.00 Amazon gift card. Two runners up will receive $25 Chamber of Commerce gift certificates, good at scores of local shops and eateries.
**Winners will be notified by phone or email**
- Join us for a wrap-up book chat on Wednesday, August 12th at 6:00 pm. This is a chance to talk about some of your favorite books with fellow readers and to pick up a Frosty Freeze coupon (while supplies last.) You are not required to attend the book chat in order to be entered in the prize drawings.
To participate in the Adult Summer Reading Challenge you have to be a grown up (over 18), have a library card, and be able to enjoy plowing through five books in six weeks. For more information, stop by or call the Reference Desk 847-8720 x208.