Welcome to the Adult Summer Reading Challenge – the best incentive you’ll find for sitting down with a few great books this summer!
Here’s how it works:
- Registration begins June 15, 2020
- Sign up online by using Beanstack or in person at the Reference Desk
Click here for instructions on how to sign up and use Beanstack.
2. Read and Review Books
- This year, read as much as you can! Each Book Review submitted June 15- August 7, 2020 acts as an entry to our Summer Reading Raffle Drawing, for the chance to win one of three prize packs!
- E-books, audiobooks, book books…ALL are acceptable!
- Once you have registered, you can start submitting your Book Review forms. You can submit reviews online by signing up with Beanstack or pick up forms at the Reference Desk.
- Each Book Review submitted will count as one entry into the raffle at the end of the program.
- You may also complete the optional Bingo activity during the course of the program for extra raffle entries! Each Bingo completed on the Bingo card will earn you an additional entry (up to a maximum of three).
To participate in the Adult Summer Reading Challenge you must be 18 or older, have a library card, and enjoy books! For more information, stop by Reference Desk, email us at email@example.com or call 401-847-8720 x208.
The raffle winner and two runners up will be drawn the week of August 11th, and notified via email or phone call.
One (1) Winner will receive: A $25.00 Starbucks gift card and a bag filled with best-selling books!
Two (2) Runners-Up will receive: A $15.00 Starbucks gift card and a bag filled with best-selling books!
Have an AWESOME Summer and happy reading!
Looking for our other Summer Reading Programs?
The statewide Rhode Island Summer Reading program is supported by the RI Office of Library and Information Services, with funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Local support is provided by the Newport Public Library and the Friends of the Newport Library.