HealthSourceRI.com is your source to apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll in health insurance. To talk to an expert, call 1-855-840-4774.
Reminder: Open enrollment ends March 31, 2014!
- An overview of the new program
- Listings of upcoming enrollment assistance events from around the state
- Key features of the Affordable Care Act
|BLACKSTONE VALLEY COMMUNITY HEALTH CARE INC||Pawtucket||(401) 722-0081|
|COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY ACTION||Cranston||(401) 467-9610|
|EAST BAY FAMILY HEALTH CARE||Newport||(401) 848-2160|
|NORTHWEST COMMUNITY HEALTH CARE||Pacsoag||(401) 567-0800|
|PROVIDENCE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS, INC||Providence||(401) 444-0400|
|THUNDERMIST HEALTH CENTER||Woonsocket||(401) 767-4100|
|TRI-TOWN ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY COMMITTEE||Johnston||(401) 351-2750|
|WOOD RIVER HEALTH SERVICES, INC.||Hope Valley||(401) 539-2461|
*You ARE NOT required to have health insurance if:
- You have to pay more than 8% of your income for health insurance premiums
- Your income is too low for you to pay taxes (In 2013, that’s $9,750 for a single person)
- Your religion exempts you
- You’re an undocumented immigrant
- You’re in jail
- You’re a member of a Native American tribe
If you are not exempt, the penalty for not having insurance is either a set amount of money or a percentage of your income—whichever is greater.
- In 2014: $95 or 1% of your income (whichever is greater)
- In 2015: $325 or 2% of your income
- In 2016: $695 or 2.5% of your income