Summer library hours will begin on Monday, June 23rd.
Monday – 12:30-9:00
Tues – Thurs – 9:30-9:00
Fri & Sat – 9:30-6:00
Sunday 1-5 (Oct – May)
Monday – 11:00-8:00
Tues – Thurs – 9:00 – 8:00
Fri & Sat – 9:00 – 6:00
How to Get Here
Newport Public Library
300 Spring Street
Newport, RI 02840
Driving Directions by NPL
From the Newport (Pell) Bridge
- Take the first exit off the Newport (Pell) Bridge (Scenic Newport) and take a right at the stop sign at the end of the exit ramp.
- At the second traffic light, take a right onto America’s Cup Avenue. (America’s Cup Avenue winds it way through downtown Newport, past Newport Harbor.)
- Count seven (7) traffic lights. At the seventh traffic light, take a right onto Thames Street. (Thames Street is a rather narrow, one-way road.)
- Take the fourth left, onto Brewer Street.
- Go up the hill to the stop sign, and take a left onto Spring Street (also a one-way).
- Take an immediate right onto Golden Hill. The library’s parking lot is on your right.
From Providence (Fall River)
- Take the Route 138 (East Main Road) exit off of Route 24 south, and follow this road through Portsmouth and Middletown.
- After several miles (right after you pass through nursery acreage), you will come to a Dunkin’ Donuts (on the right). Take a left at the first traffic light PAST the Dunkin’ Donuts, onto Route 138A, (sign says Newport Beaches).
- Follow 138A past Newport (First) Beach, and up the hill on Memorial Boulevard. Take a left at the traffic light, onto Bellevue Avenue, then your third right onto Bowery.
- Take your second right onto Spring Street. The library is in the (Aquidneck) Park to your right.
- Take your first right (past 2 driveways) onto Golden Hill. The library’s parking lot is on your right.