Click HERE to find a page updated monthly to include a variety of seasonal links and resources for parents and caregivers.
Important Links for Parents
- Newport Public Schools
- Rhode Island Department of Education
- United States Department of Education
- Families First RI – a non-profit organization that pairs moms of infants with highly trained volunteer Mentor Moms.
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Child Safety on the Information Highway
- Google Tips for Online Safety
- What Parents Can Do to Keep Kids Safe at School
Great Resources for Parents
- Head Start Family Resource Guide
- Positive Parenting
- Power up!: Apps for Kids with Special Needs and Learning Differences
- Kid’s Link RI – the state’s first centralized emergency services 24-hour hotline for children’s behavioral health.
- How Kids Develop
- Important Milestones – Checklists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ages & Stages for Caregivers
- Healthy Minds: Nurturing Your Child’s Development
Looking for a book? Search NoveList!
- Browse lists based on genre or awards
- Search by subject heading, reviews, or publishers
- Find fiction titles based on topics, units of study, author, title, or series
ABCmouse.com: With 3,500+ interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, ABCmouse.com’s award-winning online curriculum is an invaluable resource for young learners (ages 2-6+). From Age of Learning, Inc.
Letter Formation Sites
- Writing Printables for All Ages
- Letter Formation Practice Sheets
- Cursive Writing Worksheets
- Practice Writing Letters
- Printable Preschool & Kindergarten Worksheets
Great Links for Homeschoolers
- A to Z Home’s Cool Homeschooling Website
- Home School Legal Defense Association
- Rhode Island Guild of Home Teachers
- Homeschool.Com – The No. 1 Homeschooling site.
- Successful Homeschooling
The staff of the Children’s Department of the Newport Public Library is happy to work with parents and homeschoolers to find resources and books to support them. Please do not hesitate to call us (401-847-8720, Ext. 204) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) anytime to discuss how we can help you.