Tween Summer Reading Activities
The reading program for tweens (ages 8-12) is the same as for the younger kids in the program. But, we have a whole line-up of fun events designed specifically for tweens! All of these programs require registration unless otherwise noted, so please sign up!
- Build Your Own Board Game: Wednesday, July 6th @ 2:30pm:
Work with friends to create your own original board games! We’ll provide the materials, you bring your creativity!
- Vinyl Cutter Jerseys: Thursday, July 14th @ 2:30pm:
Learn how to use the library’s vinyl cutter and heat press to make your own sports jerseys! Shirts will be provided but feel free to bring your own. Held in the Maker Lab.
- Tween Bingo: Friday, July 22nd @ 2:30pm:
Get together with friends to play Bingo at the library! Small prizes will be given out to winners! No registration required.
- Casey Farm Historic Games: Thursday, July 28th @ 2:30pm:
In this hands-on program, tweens will learn about popular activities during the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. Play games, solve riddles, and discover how changes in technology affected chidren’s toys and pastimes. Held in Aquidneck Park (if weather permits). No registration required.
- Tween Sewing Camp: Tuesday, Aug. 2nd – Friday, Aug. 5th from 9:30am – 11:30am:
Learn the basics of sewing machines, dye fabric, and make a different project each day! Must register for the full week.
- Scratch Game Design: Thursday, August 4th @ 2:30pm: Learn how to make video games using the online program, Scratch. Tweens will have time to work on creating their own games to share with friends. Held in the Maker Lab.