Hours of Operation
|Monday||12:00 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM – 8:30 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM – 8:30 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 8:30 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM – 5:30 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM – 5:30 PM|
|Sunday||1:00 PM – 5:00 PM (Oct-May)|
Sundays and Holidays
The library will be open on the following Sundays in 2018:
|October 2017||15, 22, 29||February 2018||4, 11, 25|
|November 2017||5, 12, 19||March 2018||4, 11, 18, 25|
|December 2017||3, 10, 17||April 2018||8, 15, 22, 29|
|January 2017||7, 21, 28||May 2018||6|
The library will be closed on Sundays that precede a Monday holiday.
From the Newport (Pell) Bridge
- Take the first exit off the Newport (Pell) Bridge (Scenic Newport) and take a right at the stop sign at the end of the exit ramp.
- At the second traffic light, take a right onto America’s Cup Avenue. (America’s Cup Avenue winds it way through downtown Newport, past Newport Harbor.)
- Count seven (7) traffic lights. At the seventh traffic light, take a right onto Thames Street. (Thames Street is a rather narrow, one-way road.)
- Take the fourth left, onto Brewer Street.
- Go up the hill to the stop sign, and take a left onto Spring Street (also a one-way).
- Take an immediate right onto Golden Hill. There is a parking lot on your right. Please note: this is a municipal parking lot. Avoid parking in staff parking and heed all signs.
From Providence (Fall River)
- Take the Route 138 (East Main Road) exit off of Route 24 south, and follow this road through Portsmouth and Middletown.
- After several miles (right after you pass through nursery acreage), you will come to a Dunkin’ Donuts (on the right). Take a left at the first traffic light PAST the Dunkin’ Donuts, onto Route 138A, (sign says Newport Beaches).
- Follow 138A past Newport (First) Beach, and up the hill on Memorial Boulevard. Take a left at the traffic light, onto Bellevue Avenue, then your third right onto Bowery.
- Take your second right onto Spring Street. The library is in the (Aquidneck) Park to your right.
- Take your first right (past 2 driveways) onto Golden Hill. There is a parking lot on your right. Please note: this is a municipal parking lot. Avoid parking in staff parking and heed all signs.