|Monday||12:00 PM – 8:30 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM – 8:30 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM – 8:30 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 8:30 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM – 5:30 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM – 5:30 PM|
|Sunday||1:00 PM – 5:00 PM (Oct 20-May 3)|
The library will be open on the following Sundays in 2019-2020.
(The library will be closed on Sundays preceding a Monday holiday.)
|October 2019||20, 27||February 2020||2, 9, 23|
|November 2019||3, 17, 24||March 2020||1, 8, 15, 22, 29|
|December 2019||1, 8, 15, 22||April 2020||5, 19, 26|
|January 2020||5, 12, 26||May 2020||3|
Map & Directions
From the Newport (Pell) Bridge
- Take the first exit off the Newport (Pell) Bridge (Scenic Newport) and take a right at the stop sign at the end of the exit ramp.
- At the second traffic light, take a right onto America’s Cup Avenue. (America’s Cup Avenue winds it way through downtown Newport, past Newport Harbor.)
- Count seven (7) traffic lights. At the seventh traffic light, take a right onto Thames Street. (Thames Street is a rather narrow, one-way road.)
- Take the fourth left, onto Brewer Street.
- Go up the hill to the stop sign, and take a left onto Spring Street (also a one-way).
- Take an immediate right onto Golden Hill. There is a parking lot on your right. Please note: this is a municipal parking lot. Avoid parking in staff parking and heed all signs.
From Providence (Fall River)
- Take the Route 138 (East Main Road) exit off of Route 24 south, and follow this road through Portsmouth and Middletown.
- After several miles (right after you pass through nursery acreage), you will come to a Dunkin’ Donuts (on the right). Take a left at the first traffic light PAST the Dunkin’ Donuts, onto Route 138A, (sign says Newport Beaches).
- Follow 138A past Newport (First) Beach, and up the hill on Memorial Boulevard. Take a left at the traffic light, onto Bellevue Avenue, then your third right onto Bowery.
- Take your second right onto Spring Street. The library is in the (Aquidneck) Park to your right.
- Take your first right (past 2 driveways) onto Golden Hill. There is a parking lot on your right. Please note: this is a municipal parking lot. Avoid parking in staff parking and heed all signs.