In effect from Tuesday, September 6, 2016 through Saturday, June 17, 2017.
|Monday||12:30 pm-9:00 pm|
|Tuesday -Thursday||9:30 am-9:00 pm|
|Friday & Saturday||9:30 am-6:00 pm|
For Holiday hours and closings throughout the year, click here.
For 2016-2017, the library will be open from 1:00 pm-5:00 pm on the following Sundays:
|October 2016||16, 23, 30|
|November 2016||6, 13, 20|
|December 2016||4, 11, 18|
|January 2017||8, 22, 29|
|February 2017||5, 12, 26|
|March 2017||5, 12, 19, 26|
|April 2017||2, 9, 23, 30|
Please note: the library will be closed on Sundays that precede a Monday holiday.
From the Newport (Pell) Bridge
- Take the first exit off the Newport (Pell) Bridge (Scenic Newport) and take a right at the stop sign at the end of the exit ramp.
- At the second traffic light, take a right onto America’s Cup Avenue. (America’s Cup Avenue winds it way through downtown Newport, past Newport Harbor.)
- Count seven (7) traffic lights. At the seventh traffic light, take a right onto Thames Street. (Thames Street is a rather narrow, one-way road.)
- Take the fourth left, onto Brewer Street.
- Go up the hill to the stop sign, and take a left onto Spring Street (also a one-way).
- Take an immediate right onto Golden Hill. The library’s parking lot is on your right.
From Providence (Fall River)
- Take the Route 138 (East Main Road) exit off of Route 24 south, and follow this road through Portsmouth and Middletown.
- After several miles (right after you pass through nursery acreage), you will come to a Dunkin’ Donuts (on the right). Take a left at the first traffic light PAST the Dunkin’ Donuts, onto Route 138A, (sign says Newport Beaches).
- Follow 138A past Newport (First) Beach, and up the hill on Memorial Boulevard. Take a left at the traffic light, onto Bellevue Avenue, then your third right onto Bowery.
- Take your second right onto Spring Street. The library is in the (Aquidneck) Park to your right.
- Take your first right (past 2 driveways) onto Golden Hill. The library’s parking lot is on your right.