A great big “THANK YOU” goes out to all the folks who worked very hard to make Sunday’s event a wonderful evening and a great success.
Also – a big thank you to Bill Corcoran, for being our Honorary Chairman and to all the people, companies, and organizations who were our sponsors. A list of all those who contributed can be found below.
More photos from our fundraiser courtesy of Newport This Week.
Click here to view more photos from the event.
Bouquets to our generous Sponsors
Newport Tent Company
David and Leslie Reed
Elise A. Dewey
Peter and Melinda Gerard & Loti Falk Family Fund
Mr. and Mrs. James D. Klau
A. L. (Les) Ballard * Bank Newport * Bank RI * Michael R. Corcoran * Stephen A. Haire, Esq. * Mary M. Jennings * Pamela & Brendan Kelley * Joyce Kirby & Michael Green * National Grid * O’Reilly and Skuncik, Ltd. * Susan T. Perkins, Esq. * Savings Institute Bank & Trust * The Haslams & The Newport Lobster Co. * William Vareika, Fine Arts, Ltd.
AAA Northeast * Gail, John & Samuel Alofsin * Bowen’s Wharf Co., Inc. * Michael & Mona Dawson * Drupal Connect * Furey Roofing-Construction Co., Inc. * Paul & Jo Eva Gaines * Linda & David Gordon * Dorrance H. Hamilton * Mora Brown Hammonds Scholarship * Renee Kaminitz * Rdml. & Mrs. Dennis McCoy * Jeff Miller * Mary Caso Miller * Newport Harbor Corp. * Newport Hardware * O’Neill-Hayes Funeral Home * Richard S. Palmer * People’s Credit Union * Chris Porter * Richard C. Sardella Trust * Rita D. Slom * Ruth Barge Thumbtzen * Senator M. Teresa Paiva Weed
The Perfect Gift
The Newport Public Library’s Perfect Gift Program is an easy and meaningful way to recognize someone special in your life, while supporting the important work of the library.
- Celebrate a birthday or anniversary
- Be a unique gift
- Remember a loved one.
To participate, please call (401-847-8720, Ext 100) or email (email@example.com) the Administration Office for details.
Join the Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Newport Library are a very active group that runs our used book store, holds many book sales throughout the year, and is responsible for many funds raised in support of the library’s mission.
The Annual Appeal
Each November, the Newport Public Library conducts an Annual Appeal, asking for support from the community it services.
1. Isn’t the Newport Public Library a department of the city?
It sounds like it is, but it is not. The library is established as a 501(C)(3) organization. This means that it is a separate, not-for-profit organization governed by its own Board of Trustees, who represent a cross section of the community, and who volunteer their time and expertise. The Newport City Council has a representative on the Board.
2. Does the City of Newport give any money to the library?
Absolutely. The City of Newport and the State of Rhode Island both support the library’s annual budget. On average the city provides 77% and the state 17% of the library’s annual budget.
The library itself raises from 5-8% of its annual budget, through various fund-raising endeavors such as our Annual Appeal in the Fall and The Event – a summertime fund-raising affair. This is coupled with monies collected through fines, interest income, memorial donations, our Perfect Gift Program, and some major gifts from Friends of the Library.
3. Why donate to the Newport Public Library?
With its mission of “life-long learning for the entire community” the Newport Public Library is one facility that truly serves the entire community.
- The library offers a myriad of children’s programs, many of which insure that pre-schoolers will enter school with the skills needed to read and learn.
- School children of all grade levels have access to resources, both in the library and online, that will help them complete school assignments.
- Adults have access to print, non-print and online resources that will keep them informed, encourage and support learning, and entertain.
- Community members and organizations have access to meeting rooms and other resources that support community endeavors.
- All of this takes place in a safe, clean and comfortable environment.
Won’t you please consider a tax-deductible gift to the Newport Public Library. You may donate to the library
- By check – made payable to the Newport Public Library and mailed to the library at 300 Spring Street, Newport RI 02840
- Online – simply click on the orange “Donate” button at the top (and bottom) of this page.